POLISHING MACHINE MODEL PPMIB-2/15J
Standards: EN 12390-1.
Fulfilling widely the standard planarity requirements: ± 90µm for Ø 150mm cylindrical samples or 150 mm cubic samples and ±60 µm for Ø 100 mm cylindrical or 100 mm cubic samples
For concrete multiple samples preparation
More tan 30 years of experience invested in the development and improvement of this system. Allows the simultaneous and automatic polishing process, for up to 3 samples Ø 100 mm or 2 samples Ø 150 mm.
With adapting devices, cubic samples 100 or 150 mm, or cylindrical samples Ø 75 mm, Ø 50 mm, etc…, can be also polished with this machine.
Water and dust tight cabin, avoiding laboratory environment dust. Polishing disc refrigerated by water.
Wastes recovery tank available.
The following parameters can be easily adjusted:
- Polishing time.
- Automatic or manual advance.
- Polishing depth.
- Refrigeration water flow.
Once defined these parameters only pushing a button, equal polishing processes, under same conditions, will be carried out. This condition guarantees a great repetitiveness in the sample preparing process.
Capping concrete samples with this machine, avoid the usual capping process with sulphur which is extremely hazardous because of the sulphur fumes created during the process. Added to the health risk, there is an environmental problem related with the sulphur wastes and smells.
The capping process by polishing several samples at the same time, guides to a cost reduction in the laboratory.The time spent in the capping with this machine is much lower than the needed in the conventional sulphur processes.
- Diamond based polishing disc. Water refrigerated.
- Disc working life: up to 10.000 polishes for Ø 150mm diameter samples or 15.000 polishes for Ø 100 mm diameter samples(depending on the concrete quality).
- Perpendicularity between polished face and the axis of the sample <0,1º.
- Parallelism between sample faces guaranteed.
- Polish time: lower than 1 mm/min (for 2 for Ø 150mm samples or 3 Ø 100 mm diameter samples.
- Time programmer for polishing time.
- Planarity of the polished face after the process: better than ± 25 µm.
- Polishing method: lateral swinging movement of the turning shaft of the disc.
- Sample advance automatic or manual, selectable by the user, with automatic stop by means of time programmer.
- Visual indication of the advance by means of graduated roller.
- Disc turning speed: 1800 r.p.m. Water flow adjustable.
- Automatic stop for the water flow once the cycle is finished, by means of an electrovalve.
- End of cycle sound advice with automatic stop.
- Emergency stop and security protection.
- Wheel mounted, with brakes for it’s easy and confortable movement in the laboratory.
- Power supply: 380 V + N + T, 50 Hz.
- Power aprox. 1 kW.
- Dimmensions: 600 x 850 x 1350 (h) mm.
- Aprox weight: 180 kg.
- 1 diamond based disc.
- 1 metallic V support and protection screen, for simultaneous polishing over 2 Ø 150mm samples.
- 1 metallic V support and protection screen, for simultaneous polishing over 3 Ø 100mm samples.
- Wastes recovery tank
- Adapters for polishing different dimensions samples:
- For cubic 100mm or 150mm
- For cylindrical: Ø 75 mm, Ø 50 mm.
- Other dimensions to be studied