SERVOHYDRAULIC STATIC AND QUASISTATIC MATERIALS TESTING MACHINE - UMIB Series
According to standards: UNE-7-474-92 (2), EN-10002-2 (1990), ISO-7500, DIN-51220, 51222, 51223, 51227, 51228 ASTM-E4 (class 1 and grade A/A), BS-1610 (1985) grade 0.5 or grade 1 or equivalent, UNE-7281 and EN-10002-1 (1990).
The universal materials testing solution for special applications
Tailored made design, according to customer requirements.
For any type of static and quasi static test.
Components defined and selected to cover customer testing demands.
- High rigidity four columns testing frame
- No limit on dimensions. Width depth and height case by case defined
- Load cells, gripping heads and testing fixtures developed and adapted to each test method
- Single testing spaces
- Used for STATIC, QUASISTATIC AND DYNAMIC (low frequency) tests
- TENSILE, COMPRESSION, BENDING, FOLDING, SHEARING, HARDNESS, PUNCHING TESTS etc
- Over metallic and non-metallic materials
- Accuracy: better than ± 1%, as per UNE-7-474-92 (2), EN-10002-2 (1990), ISO-7500, DIN-51220, ASTM-E4 (class 1 and grade A/A), BS-1610 (1985) grade 0.5 or grade 1 or equivalent standards.
- Maximum test load: from 400kN to 1000 kN
- Load measuring system: High accuracy load cell
- Piston stroke: 300 mm
- Distance between gripping heads(including piston stroke): 0-1000 mm, adjustable
- Nº of columns: 4
- Free distance between columns: 710 x 405 mm
- Maximum test frame height: 3000 mm
- Approx. net weight: 3500 Kg.
UNIVERSAL TESTING FRAME UMIB
This test frame is the basic component of the UMIB/W series machines. Formed by four main columns and manufactured as per the Standards:
UNE-7281, DIN-51220, 51222, 51223, 51227, 51228, ASTM-E4, BS-1610 and EN-10002-1 (1990).
- The frame has a single test space, allowing several uses by interchanging testing devices.
- The four over dimensioned columns afford the machine a high degree of stiffness. The crosshead is locked tightly in place by a special plate-column friction system based on high-strength screws. The oil free system avoids the leak-tightness problems. The locking system is operated automatically by a hydraulic locking/unlocking device.
- The crosshead height can be adjusted with lateral hydraulic jacks. This improves the working conditions because the operator can adjust the compression testing space height to suit his needs.
- The test frame is accessible from all sides, making it possible to fit specimen feeding devices and automatic strain measuring systems.
- The large free distance between gripping heads (0 - 1000 mm, including the piston stroke) makes it possible to use devices for performing tests at high and low temperatures, and test large specimens without the need for modifications.
- A bedplate with a series of standardized holes for attaching the gripping devices and other devices for testing building components.
- A ground double-acting actuator mounted in the lower crosshead.
- Four chromium plated columns providing protection against corrosion and ease of maintenance.
- A height-adjustable mobile crosshead, locked with screws at the height required for the tests. The universal load cell (tensile-compression testing) is mounted on the upper crosshead. In series, on the lower part of the load cell, is mounted the upper gripping head with a ball-and-joint socket and a locking system for compression tests.
AUTOMATIC HYDRAULIC LOCKING/UNLOCKING CROSSHEAD ADJUSTEMENT SYSTEM
This system complements the lateral hydraulic jacks which control the vertical movement of the crosshead. The screw-based locking system, manually operated with a torque wrench, is replaced by remote, push-button controlled hydraulic pistons which automatically lock and unlock the crosshead and, therefore, the upper gripping head.
- The system allows fast positioning of the crosshead by means of a displacement transducer (LVDT) axially placed in the piston with 300 mm. of maximum stroke. This is particularly useful when testing different sized specimens.
- The lateral hydraulic jacks and complementary automatic locking/unlocking system can be used to tauten the specimen slightly before the test (very useful in particular for non-rigid specimens such as chains, cables, ropes, etc.).
- The crosshead does not move unless unlocked (safety protection).
- Releasing cylinders, adapters and hydraulic pipes for connection to the high-pressure hydraulic power unit.
- Directional seat valve.
- Relief valve.
- Safety switch valve.
These heads are particularly suitable for low-frequency, positive-load static or dynamic tensile tests (shaped-wave tests exceeding zero point) of cylindrical or prismatic specimens, with or without a head and made of metal or any other material. Rated test load = maximum static test load: up to 600 kN
- Automatic wedge-grip.
- Guided-wedge centering.
- Fast and easy-to-change wedges.
- Front-accessible gripping space.
- Extensive gripping possibilities.
- Simple and easy to handle.
- Tempered and ground wedge guides.
- Wedge-holders for oscillating clamps for gripping deformed specimens.
Specially recommended on the following cases:
- High load applications
- Complicated fastening sample
- Zero passing test
- Dynamic applications For any section specimens , with or without a head and made of metal or any other material.
Rated test load = maximum static test load: up to 1000 kN
CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM MD2
SOFTWARE, FOR STATIC TEST UNDER WINDOWS, WINTEST.MET
|- Sampling frequency: 1kHz (1000 readings/sec)
- Resolution: 180.000 real points.
- Closing loop time: 1 ms.
- USB 2.0 connection to PC
See particular technical specifications in MD Series Brochure
|Powerfull configuration and adaptation tools for high demanding users and applications.
Any type of test and standard could be configured modifying and introducing the correct parameters.
Windows compatible solution, tailored made to work with IBERTEST materials testing machines & control systems.
See particular technical specifications in WINTEST Brochure.
Only for pc controlled IBERTEST machines
Allows a direct links between the machine (any place with pone connection) and the Technical service of IBERTEST.
With this link the Post sale service of IBERTEST could easily diagnose and, most of times correct, the failures detected in the software without the need of a technical displacement.
MODEL COMPARISON: UMIB SERIES
|Specifications||UMIB 400||UMIB 600||UMIB 1000|
|Class ISO 7500-1||0,5|
|Max test load||400 kN||600 kN||1000 kN
|Measuring range||From 1% to 100% of the nominal capacity of the installed load cell|
|Strength measurement||Universal strain gauge load cell (tensile - compressive testing)|
|Load cells repeatability||+/- 0,05%|
|Guiding Columns||4 chrome plated and grounded with adjustable mechanical stops|
|Free distance between|
|520 x 250||520 x 250||710 x 405
|Free distance between|
standard gripping heads
|Adjustable from 0 to 1000 mm.
|Upper mobile Crosshead||With lateral hydraulic jacks and hydraulic blocking system
|Between 0,01 and 500,00 mm/min (others on demand)
|Max height testing|
|1200 x 800 x 900 mm
|Weight: aprox. testing|
|2250 kg.||2600 kg.||3500 kg.
|Power||3x 380 V +N +E, 50/60 Hz
|Safety||2 Emergency stops: placed in the testing frame and in the remote control.
Protective screens on demand
Steel Materials Testing